Sill Underground
heart and soul of our community
Login - Create Account - Help
Clean out your garage on Sill Yard Sales! Or find local garage sales on Yard Sale
PCSing? Win the lottery? Explore homes for rent near Fort Sill courtesy of Military Real Estate!

In Home Child Care

who's talking here?

Deborah 1
Shelley S 1

     » send to friend     » save in my favorites     » flag dangerous topic flag as a dangerous topic

Deborah --- 7 years ago -

Does anyone know what the policy is for watching children in your home in Lawton? I looked online at the DHS website, but only found requirements for their services. They license homes for 3 or more children...does that mean that one or two children do not require a license? Thanks in advance! 

Shelley S --- 7 years ago -

I got this from OKDHS site...looks like if you are open less than 15 hours a week you dont need a license.

I would probably double check with DHS itself to make sure, you want to make sure you are covered in case something were to happen to one of the kids. Good luck to you :)

Oklahoma Child Care Services: Providers
Service Information

The Child Care Facilities Licensing Act defines programs that are required to be licensed. Each program has their own minimum licensing requirements for the protection of children's health, safety and well-being. Requirements exist that cover child care centers, family child care homes and large child care homes, part-day programs, and school-age programs, summer day camps, residential child care facilities, and child placing agencies.

Programs exempt from licensure include: care provided in a child's own home or by relatives, informal arrangements for the occasional care of children, programs in which children attend on a drop-in basis and parents are on the premises and readily accessible, single activity programs, and programs operating for 15 hours or less per week.

page 1
Login to add your comments!

see more discussions about...


Terms of Service - Privacy Policy - Ice Box

Sill Underground